Friday, February 16, 2007

Danger


The trailers reopened yesterday. The heat is on. The paths are clear. The only problem is that the surrounding areas are covered with snow and ice. The kids are having a great time, sliding down the ice hill and throwing ice balls at each other. I spoke to some of the deans and the head of security to express concern about the situation. I was told that no one was going outside. It was too cold. I know there are people out there reading these blog entries and doubting the truth of them. I don't blame them. If I didn't live with this stuff, I wouldn't believe it either. If this stuff was on television, it would seem a ridiculous situation. Yet, this is reality. And sadly, the school I teach in is considered one of the best in the city.

3 comments:

NYC Educator said...

The new concept of security is really remarkable. I remember when they were very different, and the rationale for having them act (if you call standing around an act) the way they do is absurd. Each confrontation they avoid shifts another into a classroom.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I remember different security too. I also remember supervisors who knew how to teach and principals who knew how to run a school.

Anonymous said...

The school is one of the best in the city because of the teachers, NOT BECAUSE OF THE ADMINISTRATION.